Relationship & Couples Counseling in Troy, MI
Sometimes relationships can become difficult. When a couple first meets things are easy, and everything seems perfect. As time goes by differences can surface and what once felt so simple can start to feel impossible. Petty disagreements can become full-fledged arguments, and eventually thoughts of divorce or separation can enter the mind. If you are in a struggling relationship, and you want things to be right again, couples counseling can help. If you are still unsure if couples counseling is right for you and your significant other, take our short couples counseling questionnaire below.
We suggest printing out two copies (you can copy and paste it into a Word Processing program) Each one of you should complete the survey separately, answering "Yes" or "No" to the all the questions. If either of you answer NO to 4 or more questions, you should consider couples counseling. Please click here to contact us.
Questions About Relationship Counseling
- Do you feel there is "space" in your relationship for you to grow and be yourself?
- Are your needs just as important as those of your partner?
- Can you communicate them clearly?
- Do you assertively express your feelings?
- Do you and your partner spend time together in shared activities?
- Do you have other meaningful relationships and interests?
- Do you find it easy to talk with each other?
- Do you find it easy to listen to each other?
- When you attempt to resolve a conflict or make a decision is your negotiation fair and democratic?
- If married do you fulfill each other's sexual needs?
- Do you share the chores and responsibilities of the marriage/family equally?
- Do you support each other's relationships with family?
- Is your relationship free from intimidation and abuse of all kinds?
- Are you able to care for each other in times of hardship or illness?
- Do you trust your partner to tell you the truth at all times?
- Do you feel good about yourself when you are with your partner?
- Do you have clear and explicit agreements and boundaries (yet allow for flexibility)?
- Are play, humor, and having fun together commonplace?
- Can you let go of the need to "be right"?
- Are you open for constructive feedback?
Healing for the Mind, Heart and Spirit...